Investments in Free Zones
Free Zones is a gateway to investment in Egypt, since its establishment in 1971
it provides the best advantages, incentives, exemptions, and guarantees, and much more freedom on transactions the Imports, as it is not subject to the same import and export procedures applied in the country.
Azad & Partners law firm can offers success factors, if you need to invest in the free zone in Egypt, through an integrated system by a specialized professional lawyers and facilitating in investment procedures and services.
With your investment in the Egyptian Free Zones, you will get many incentives and guarantees such as:
-Choosing investment field.
-Transfer of profits and invested money.
-Imports from both domestic and external markets.
-Specify products pricing.
-Import and export without restriction with exporters and importers
-Restriction on capital nationality.
-Limits to capital.
-Imports and exports project submit to rules of import and customs in
-force of the country.
Capital assets of the project and production requirements of the taxes -
and customs duties
-Imports and exports free zones projects to and from abroad from taxes
and customs duties
Full local ingredients from customs duties in case of selling to -
Ensure that there's no
Nationalization or confiscation of projects.-
Ensure that no public litigation on projects only after the approval of -
Granting accommodation facilities to the foreign investors.-
Granting residence permits of foreign workers at the request of the Project.
Procedures of establishing a Public Free Zone Project
1) The investor submits a request for establishing a new Free Zone project to the Free Zone administration (chosen Free Zone).
2) The Permanent Technical Committee studies the application form to issue a preliminary approval on establishing the project..
3) The investor pays 10% from the annual rental value with a minimum value of 1000 USD as a notion of confirmation
4) Then, the application is submitted to the chosen zone board of directors for issuing the final approval for establishing the project.
5) The assigned land is handed after paying the rental value for the first year in advance and deducting the 10% paid as a notion of confirmation (after issuing preliminary approval and paying the rental value of the first year, the land can be handed over to the investor).
6) Issuance of land license
7) After getting the final approval, the investor or his representative submit
the incorporation contract to the General Authority for Investment where all the incorporation,
authentications and registration procedures are done
And submit to the Zone administration the following:
A letter of Guarantee or a financial guarantee according to GAFI’s rules Payment of the due fees for GAFI’s services for a whole year
The architectural drawings of the constructions of the project (in
8) The project shall publish the company contract briefing, the decree of license and the company registry in the investment magazine.
9) The decree of practicing the activity of the project is issued by
the Head of the board of director of the Public Free Zone.
10) The Free Zone Administration shall notify the concerned authorities with the decree of practicing the activity (The Project – Tax Authority – Custom Department – Commercial Registry – Social Insurance Authority – Central Administration for Statistics – General Authority for
11) The project should have the taxation card and Sole proprietorship
and branches should be registered in the Commercial Registry.
Egypt's Free Zones
Alexandria Public Free Zone
Nasr City Public Free Zone
Port Said Public Free Zone
Suez Public Free Zone
Ismailia Public Free Zone
Damietta Public Free Zone
Media Public Free Zone
Shebin El- Kom Public Free Zone
Qeft Public Free Zone
Port Said East Port Public Free Zone